Dr RUTH SEGOMOTSI MOMPATI 2019 DISTRICT NATIONAL TEACHING AWARDS CEREMONY
Dr Ruth S. Mompati District celebrated National Teaching Awards on the 16 September 2019 at Ganyesa Community Hall.
The National Teaching Award ceremony is one of the ways the Department of Education acknowledges the efforts made by teachers often in difficult working conditions. It is a process that commences from the Sub District level with the nomination through expertise and excellence in teaching profession. After the District processes that culminate with award ceremonies, the District winners proceed to the Provincial level.
On behalf of the District Director, Ms Dithejane MV, Rev Morake MA set the tone at the event when he mentioned that “educators are respected, they grow into role models to learners and parents. Their profession is significant, we cannot forget them. They are our “sculptors”. They encourage learners to develop into better human beings. Educators conveyed values and built our personalities. They guide the ideology of the question in which characterizes a perfect educator”.
He further mentioned seven qualities of a good teacher as follows: be interesting, self-confidence, honesty, technological adequacy, teaching accountability, being a role model and positive relationship with learners.
In conclusion he quoted William Butler Yeast, when he said “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire”
- Excellence in Primary School Teaching , Mokati M.M.
- Excellence in Secondary School Teaching, Moraba I.R.
- Excellence in Primary Leadership: Kokwane K.B.
- Excellence in Secondary Leadership: Gasebuse-Gape N.J
- Excellence in Grade R Teaching: Setlhatswe R.
- Excellence in Special Needs Teaching: Skhosana Z.W
- Excellence in teaching Mathematics (GET): Tutubala K.S.
- Excellence in teaching Natural Sciences (GET): Leburu T.H
- Excellence in Technology— Enhanced, Teaching and Learning: Mooljee C.R.
- Lifetime Achievement Award : Sebe G.M.