Mission, Vision & Values
A caring and supportive community for excellence in Basic Education.
To protect and promote the right of every LEARNER to quality, equitable, culture-based, and complete basic education where:
- Learners learn in a child-friendly, gender-sensitive, safe, and motivating environment;
- Teachers facilitate learning and constantly nurture every learner;
- Administrative staff ensure an enabling and supportive environment for effective learning and teaching; and
- Family, community, and other stakeholders are actively engaged and share responsibility to support and inculcate life-long learning.
Key corporate values the North West Department of Education (NW DOE) intend to comply with include:
- Inclusion - We recognise diversity for redress and equity
- Excellence - We move beyond compliance by going an extra mile
- Integrity - We respond to our fellow employees and other stakeholders with honesty, fairness and respect
- Transparency - We are open in our functions and operations for public interest and comment
- Innovation - We will continually strive for better and new ways of doing things
- Empathy - We appreciate the context in which people operate and express themselves
- Accountability - We take responsibility of the consequences of our actions