DR KENNETH KAUNDA DISTRICT NATIONAL TEACHING AWARD (NTA) 2019
Dr Kenneth Kaunda District celebrated the last round of Districts NTA yesterday at Wolmaranstad Hoer Skool. The aim of this prestigious event was to celebrate and award the district teachers for their dedication and hard work in making a difference and excelling in the teaching Fraternity. These men and women will compete with their other districts counterparts for the Provincial Gala that will be held at Rustenburg, on the 25th October 2019.
The District Director ,Mr Benny Monale in giving the message of support , he encouraged the participants to give it their best in representing the district in the next challenging rounds of the Provincial ) and National level. He further expressed how teachers play a vital role in the community, and also said teaching is a collective task, hence there was Ngwana Sejo o a tlhakanelwa campaign which means “it takes a village to raise a child”.
Maquassi Hills local municipality mayor honourable Noni Kgabi graced the event and encouraged the particapants to keep up the good work , and teachers who did not win should never give up, they should continue working hard .
The winners for Dr Kenneth Kaunda district are as follows;
- Excellence in Primary School Teaching Ms D Van Staden,
- Excellence in Secondary School Teaching Ms C Gray ,
- Excellence in Primary School Leadership Ms A. Maboe,
- Excellence in Secondary Leadership Mr A.D DE Beer,
- Excellence in Grade R Teaching Ms T.N Thati,
- Excellence in Special Needs Teaching Mr W.A Combrink,
- Excellence in Teaching Mathematics (GET) Ms Z Aucamp,
- Excellence in Natural Science (GET) MR N Molete,
- Excellence in Technology –Enhanced Technology and Learning MR T.N Moshoaliba and the
- Lifetime Achievement Award went to Mr B.E.M Mokotedi.